Sunday, July 7, 2013

Grad school is hard!

Is what I told everyone who asked during my first semester. And it was. In fact, for me, getting there was challenging enough. I couldn't have been happier when I was accepted and got started, but then, BAM, that shit was hard! I struggled with Bourdieu, Foucault, Maus, not to mention the other grad students who were...smart? Perhaps smarter than me?!? My ego took some serious bruising. But it's cool. I found my rhythm, sucked it up that I had to work hard and accepted the challenge, and I apologized to grad school for anything bad I ever said about it. I was determined to engage in a 100% love/love relationship with it, as I know how quickly our time together will pass. And that's what it was during our beautiful 2nd semester of happiness together.

A lot has happened during my Summer research in Rio, and I've given few details about the actual work I've done. First of all, it's very complicated and makes me very tired. But it's also because, for now, I want to remember the one Summer grad school and I will have together.

Summer lovin', had me a blast!
Summer lovin', happened so fast!
Summer days, driftin' away, to uh-oh those Summer nights...

 Tell me more, tell me more!
 Tell me more, tell me more!
 Tell me more, tell me more, did you get very far?
A-well-a-well-a-well-a-HUH!

 When I graduate, is that where it ends? But, please, grad school, can we still be friends???

1 comment: