Saturday, June 29, 2013

Luan and Raffa

This is an excerpt from a thread on our group's FB page yesterday:

[grad school BFF] Hey! So Luan (the guy that Katie met on the plane) and his wife want to take us out tomorrow either to an exclusive beach or out on his wife's family boat. Is anyone up for that? They are SO cool!
[me] um, no thanks. that does not sound awesome at all. I have much better things to do than go to an exclusive beach or a family boat with locals to interview for my research.






Suffice to say, it did not suck. We didn't get a chance to get on the boat, but the couple insisted that we see them again before we leave. So next time, perhaps. I received a very sweet email from them this evening going on and on about how much they enjoyed us and how they want to show us more of Rio and help however they can with our research. And I was asked the most amazing question ever asked at the end of it:


"PS: Are you studying the monkeys or am I making confusion?"

No comments:

Post a Comment